1. Use of Site
2. Geographic location
You, the User, are responsible for following any interstate or transcontinental laws disallowing or restricting the use of Materials
3. User Warranty
As a User you warrant that you are not an agent or employee of existing direct competitor of Mayu Silk Art LLC and your use of the Site and Materials is solely for the purpose of building your own privately held business.
4. Trademark and Copyright
Mayu Silk Art LLC, and certain other brands, trademarks, and service marks are marks of Mayu Silk Art LLC and its affiliates. The Materials on this Site are copyrighted, and any unauthorized use of any Materials on this Site may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
Links to external websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. Mayu Silk Art LLC has not reviewed all of these external websites, does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. If you decide to access any of the external websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
6. No Warranty
The Materials provided at this site are provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. Mayu Silk Art LLC further does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the Materials at this Site. Mayu Silk Art LLC may make changes to the Materials at this Site, or to the services and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The Materials at this Site may be out of date, and Mayu Silk Art LLC makes no commitment to update the Materials at this Site.
7. Limitation of Liability
In no event will Mayu Silk Art LLC, its suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this Site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from the use of water marbling equipment and supplies, paint, interruption of services or inaccurate information) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of the use of this Site, any websites linked to this Site, or the Materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. If your use of the Materials or information from this Site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume all costs thereof.
8. Applicable Law
9. Effective Date and Updates and Modifications
The Terms are effective as of January 1, 2015 and are subject to change without notice by Mayu Silk Art LLC at any time. Please check for changes regularly. Your use of this Site after such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.Mayu Silk Art LLC reserves the right, at its discretion, to modify this Agreement, fees, charges, and terms at any time. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Use of the Service by you following such notification constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions of changes as modified. If you do not agree to the modified terms, you may send Mayu Silk Art LLC a written notification, including via email (and your Mayu Silk Art online account will be deleted), or close your account within 30 days of notice.
10. Access & Membership
In order to enjoy all of Mayu Silk Art's student-access-only benefits, you may register your account and become a member ("Member"). Membership requires that you register on the Site (including by filling out all required personal information). You may opt out of marketing and promotional emails. You may cancel your membership at any time by canceling online on the Site. To complete registration, you shall provide an email address and a password. You may never use another user's Mayu Silk Art account (or Mayu Silk Art account on Thinkific.com) without permission from that user. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Mayu Silk Art LLC immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Although Mayu Silk Art LLC will not be liable for your and your Customer’s losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of Mayu Silk Art LLC or others due to such unauthorized use.
Mayu Silk Art, LLC may change, suspend or discontinue the Services, Products, fees, charges, terms at any time, including the availability of any feature, or content. Mayu Silk Art LLC may also impose limits on certain features and Services or restrict the User's access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. You certify to Mayu Silk Art LLC that you are an individual (i.e., not a corporation) and you are at least 18 years of age. You also certify that you are legally permitted to use the Service, and take full responsibility for the selection and use of the Service. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the Service is revoked in such jurisdictions.
All content (information, images, pictures, data, text, photographs, graphics, messages, or other materials), hereinafter "Content", that you post, submit, upload, display, sell or use, hereinafter "post", using our Services is your content. We don’t make any claim(s) to it. That includes anything you post using our Services (like your Content, images, shop name, your customer reviews, comments, videos, usernames, etc. that you share with us, photos of your original art works or of you or your family or representatives, etc.).
A. Responsibility for the Content. You understand that you are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through websites, advertisements, social media pages, print materials, etc. You represent that you have all necessary rights to the Content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it or using it on any website, social media page, advertisement, print materials, etc., owned or operated by Mayu Silk Art LLC.
- Permission to Use the Content. By using our services Mayu Silk Art LLC agrees that your content will remain yours. This means that we will never use your Content without your expressed permission.
- Rights You Grant Mayu Silk Art LLC. By approving the posting of your Content, you grant Mayu Silk Art LLC a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of your Content to provide the Services and to promote Mayu Silk Art LLC and its products or Services in general, in any formats and through any channels, including across any Mayu Silk Art LLC services, third-party website, advertising medium and/or social media.
- Reporting Unauthorized Content. Mayu Silk Art respects intellectual property rights and follows intellectual property laws. We are committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Service(s).
- Intellectual Property. Mayu Silk Art respects your work and empowers you to express your voice and ideas. We ask that you respect the work and creative rights of others. You need to either own the Content you post to the Mayu Silk Art website or blog, online courses, class discussions (online or live), social media pages, etc., or that you have the express authority to post it. Content must comply with right of publicity, trademark and copyright laws, and all other applicable state and federal laws.
- Trademarks and Infringement of Intellectual Property. In events where we receive proper notice of intellectual property infringement, Mayu Silk Art LLC strives to respond quickly by removing, blocking, or disabling access to the allegedly infringing material. When Mayu Silk Art LLC removes, blocks or disables access in response to a notice, Mayu Silk Art LLC makes a reasonable attempt to contact the allegedly infringing party, provide information about the notice and removal, and, in cases of confirmed copyright infringement, provide information about counter notification.
- Counter DMCA Notifications: If Mayu Silk Art receives a DMCA counter notification, the removed material may be replaced or access to it may be restored 10 business days after receipt of the counter notice, unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the allegedly infringing party and informs Mayu Silk Art LLC of this action. Mayu Silk Art LLC sends a copy of the counter notice to the original complaining party.
- Repeat Infringement: Mayu Silk Art LLC terminates account privileges of Members that are subject to repeat notices of intellectual property infringement in appropriate circumstances and at Mayu Silk Art LLC's discretion.
- Copyright Responsibility. You agree and attest by accepting this Agreement and using our Services that you own all rights (including copyrights) for the Content you post, or if you are not the owner, that you have express authority and written permission to use the Content, and that you have all of the rights required to post the Content.
- a. If Content that you own and have rights to has been posted to the Services without your permission and you want it removed, please contact our customer service department directly for further escalation and review.
- b. If your Content infringes another person’s intellectual property, we will block it at our discretion.
- Inappropriate, False, or Misleading Content. This should be common sense, but there are certain types of Content we don’t want submitted to our Services (for legal reasons or otherwise). You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, illegal or otherwise offensive or in violation of any part of this Agreement. You also agree not to post any Content that is false and misleading or uses the Services in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive.