Silk Scarf Painting Party and Fundraiser for The American Cancer Society
Hosted by Mayu Silk Art and Team Cerritos Relay for Life
Thursday, August 27, 2020
Doors open at 5:30pm*
Make a one-of-a-kind scarf and support the important work of The American Cancer Society!
Join us on Thursday August 27, 2019 to raise money to support Team Cerritos Relay for Life
The event will take place in the beautiful, airy Mayu Silk Art Studio. *Remote participation is available. COVID--19 protocols will be in place - please view our COVID-19 policy HERE.
- In order to minimize crowding at the trays, start times will be staggered in one-hour increments. You will be contacted prior to the event to confirm the start time of your paintingsession.
Please purchase one item for each person in your group who plans to paint one or more items. A portion of the proceeds from each ticket sold will go directly to the organization in the form of a donation. Tickets are refundable in full if request is received no less than 48 hours prior to the event. Tickets are transferrable; if you can't make it, you can participate remotely or schedule a private appointment at a later time (Relay for Life will still receive the donation!!)
If you prefer to pay by cash, check, Venmo, CashApp or ApplePay on the day of the event, please email your ticket request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are attending the event in person please disregard shipping information at checkout; you will be taking your scarf home with home that night. If you are participating remotely, your finished item will be mailed to you at no additional charge, after it has been rinsed, dried, and ironed for you.
WHAT IS THE EXPERIENCE LIKE?
The World Famous Mayu Silk Art Experience
Participants and spectators will enjoy a brief intro to Mayu Silk Art and the ancient art of water marbling, as well as an entertaining demonstration of the art process and use of paints and tools. Then, our skilled artisans will work one-to-one with each participant as they design and create their very own one-of-a-kind hand painted work of wearable art. See the experience description below.
NEW! Virtual Mayu Silk Art Experience
If you cannot make it to the studio, you can still participate via FaceTime, Zoom, or Skype! You will interact directly with your artisan as they lead you through the steps below - just as if you were there in the studio with us!
Be sure to bring your cameras to capture the fun, beauty and magic of this memorable experience!
1. Choose your own colors from approximately 35 different hues (we recommend 2-8 colors)
2. Apply drops of paint to the surface of water in a six-foot long tray.
3. If desired, swirl the paints using various rakes, combs, or stylus to create bold or intricate designs
4. The finished design is transferred to a 100% silk scarf (14" x 72")
5. Rinse the scarf in water to remove excess paint
6. Show off your finished design for all to see!
7. Take your scarf home or to your hotel room to hang dry and iron. After that, it is WASHABLE and will not fade in the sun (garment racks may be provided at the event, so that guests don't have to wait til later to dry their finished scarf)
8. Wear your art as a scarf, sash, or hat band; or
9. Use it as a table runner, window hanging, or wall art
Make just one, or as many as you like.
WARNING: this art is addictive! You will have the opportunity to purchase additional experiences or ready-to-use items on display - helping to contribute more to the cause!
The magical, mystical art of water marbling is at the center of everything we do, and we know your guests will enjoy this unique experience. And of course, everyone gets a one-of-a-kind luxurious silk scarf / table runner to take home and enjoy for years to come.
To learn more about Team Cerritos Relay for Life, please email May Peitzsch at email@example.com
Each scarf takes approximately 30 minutes to paint; multiple work stations will be in operation throughout the event, to minimize wait time. Walk-in guests will be accommodated at the discretion of the host.
- Cost of $59 per scarf includes all materials and proceeds will go to the scholarship fund.
- You will work one-to-one with a skilled artisan who will guide you through the process from choosing your own colors, to dropping the paints on the water, to swirling the designs using various marbling tools, and finally, printing the final design onto a a luxurious six-foot-long, one-of-a-kind hand painted 100% silk Scarf.
- Each scarf takes approximately 30 minutes; multiple work stations will be in operation throughout the event to minimize wait time.
- Walk in guests may be accommodated at the discretion of the host, but are not guaranteed admission.
- The finished scarves are hand-washable, non-fading, and can also be used as a beautiful table runner or other home decor.
TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT, PLEASE PURCHASE ONE TICKET ABOVE FOR SCARF YOU/YOUR FAMILY PLAN TO MAKE
Please ignore shipping/pickup information at checkout.
The event location is:
- The plaza in front of Verdigo Boulders, 266 E. Magnolia Blvd, Burbank CA
- Start Time and other details: The Mayu Silk Art team will do a demonstration at 2:00, for those who are present, and another one at about 3:30. If you or any individual in your group plan to make more than one or two scarves, or if you or anyone in your group requires special accommodations, please call Mayu Silk Art team in advance at the number below.
Prefer to order by phone and pay at the event? Please call the studio at the number below. Let us know your name, phone number, and how many people in your group plan to paint a scarf.
Studio phone: (714) 379-1990
*Pricing is PER SCARF. Additional scarves may be made by the same person at the same price. If you make more than one scarf, or if you purchase a ready-made scarf from our display rack, we will calculate the remaining amount due after deducting your original payment of $59; payment can be madeLocation: the plaza in front of Verdigo Boulders, located at 266 E. Magnolia Blvd., Burbankat the event by cash, check, PayPal, Venmo, or Credit Card. Ticket price is fully refundable if you cancel with at least 24 hours notice. Ticket is transferrable and may be exchanged at face value for a ready-to-wear scarf, gift certificate or future studio appointment. Please visit our online store to see what you can buy -then call us at (714) 379-1990 to place your order.
266 E Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91502
Click here to view the Verdigo Boulders website.