---Deposit will be credited toward the total amount due, and is fully refundable or transferable (see details and restrictions below). UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, YOUR EVENT IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL WE RECEIVE YOUR DEPOSIT.
Please contact our Client Outreach Coordinator, Skye Butterfield, at email@example.com
or call the studio at (714) 379-1990.
Event planners and HR managers are raving about the magical Mayu Silk Art Experience, as unique as each of their guests, and a lot more fun and interactive than your typical art-based activity.
Pricing for our specialized corporate events starts at $49 per scarf,*** with a minimum of 15 scarves for events in Orange County, CA,, and a minimum of 20 scarves for most of the rest of Southern California.* Therefore, the minimum cost for a corporate party or team building event of 15 scarves is $735, and for 20 scarves the minimum is $980. This minimum is subject to change based on the actual location*. WE DO TRAVEL, and special pricing can be worked out for events outside of our regular service area. Price includes tax and all materials, equipment, and enough of our artisan team members on hand to ensure that each of your guests receives the one-to-one guidance that makes the Mayu Silk Art Experience so memorable.
Additional options are available for an additional cost. Please see all the interesting details below.
Let's get started!
- A refundable deposit of $10 per anticipated guest is required to reserve your date (please see details at the bottom of this page). To secure your preferred party date (or dates), fill in the blank and select the ADD TO CART button below to leave a deposit** We will contact you within 24 hours to confirm the date and discuss the details for making your event FANTASTIC. **Payment may be made online (click BUY NOW above) or with a credit card by phone, or by check mailed to:Mayu Silk Art, 5192 Bolsa Ave #4, Huntington Beach, CA 92649.
- Once a date has been confirmed, we will email or mail an agreement to you. We want you to feel free to hand write any changes or additions you would like to make. We are very flexible, and would love to hear any ideas you may have for making your event even more special! Please email the signed form to Skye@mayusilkart.com . If you can't email it, please mail it to the address below. Please know that we do ask for a refundable deposit* to hold the date; please let us know if this creates any difficulty for you.
WHAT IS THE EXPERIENCE LIKE?
THE MAYU SILK ART EXPERIENCE
1a. Enjoy a brief intro to Mayu Silk Art and the ancient art of water marbling, as well as an entertaining demonstration
1. Choose your own colors from approximately 35 different hues (we recommend 2-8 colors)
2. Apply drops of paint to the surface of water in a six-foot long tray
3. If desired, swirl the paints using various rakes, combs, or stylus to create bold or intricate designs
4. The finished design is transferred to a 100% silk scarf
5. Rinse the scarf in water to remove excess paint
6. Show off your finished design for all to see!
7. Take your scarf home or to your hotel room to hang dry and iron. After that, it is WASHABLE and will not fade in the sun (garment racks may be provided at the event, so that guests don't have to wait til later to dry their finished scarf)
8. Wear your art as a scarf, sash, or hat band; or
9. Use it as a table runner, window hanging, or wall art
Make just one, or as many as you like.
WARNING: this art is addictive!
** Please see the pink box below for details about set up requirements **
The magical, mystical art of water marbling is at the center of everything we do, and we know your guests will enjoy this unique experience. And of course, everyone gets a one-of-a-kind luxurious silk scarf / table runner to take home and enjoy for years to come.
We can set up anywhere!
From ballrooms to garages, lawns to highrise conference rooms, we can set up literally anywhere! In addition to some of the locations listed above Mayu Silk Art Experience has been set up at these great locations (and more):
-- Need space? Use ours! Our studio warehouse is located at 5192 Bolsa Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92649. Freeway close, handicapped accessible. Please call us for details.
If your preferred date is not available, we will contact you immediately to make alternate arrangements.
Price may vary based on options below, or other factors. You will determine the price, if any, to be paid by your guests. We provide everything needed for the water marbling activity, from floor coverings to canopy/lights (if required), all materials and supplies, and enough of our artisan team members to make sure that each of your guests receives the one-to-one attention that makes the Mayu Silk Art Experience so special.
SET UP REQUIREMENTS FOR OFF-SITE PARTIES AND EVENTS AT YOUR LOCATION:
- We require a level area of at least 10' x 10'. Exact dimensions will be determined by the number of scarves to be made and the amount of time and space available.
- We can work indoors or outdoors. We will provide water grabbing, slip resistant, rubber-backed floor mats to protect floors, decking, etc. Grass or packed dirt are suitable; sand and artificial turf are not ideal.
- In order to provide the best painting experience for your guests, please provide an area that is protected from wind, direct sun, exreme temperatures, and other elements. Indoor venues are generally preferred, but we do have walled canopies available (no additional charge for use of canopies).
- We will need access to a water faucet to fill our rinse buckets. A hose or janitor's sink will suffice.
- Please include an hour for set up before the scarf-painting activity starts, and an hour for tear down afterward.
Optional Add-Ons to Make It Extra Extra Special!
We do have a few options that can be added to help complete the experience. For instance:
-- DIY Play Table, where guests work independently on small trays, testing colors and creating fun designs to transfer to coaster sets, long stemmed fabric gerbera daisies, gift tags, small wood trinkets, luggage tags, or small hankies. Cost is $5 per person (based on total number or guests offered the opportunity to participate in this activity, whether or not they actually do so. Please note: the cost of the DIY Play Table does not apply to your minimum scarf requirement.
-- If this is a birthday or other special occasion, the group can create a signature scarf, for everyone to sign or add their own written embellishments. The signed scarf can then be water marbled, perhaps by several people (or everyone) working together on creating the design. The signature scarf can be included in your minimum count, with an extra charge of $5 to cover the cost of each fabric marker (one should be sufficient, but we'll have extras on hand just in case)
--- We always bring plenty of sample scarves to help spark the imagination, and they are also for sale along with gift certificates. However, if you would like, we can bring our Mayu Silk Art Boutique, offering a wider variety of water marbling items such as pillows, large sarongs and sheets of silk, framed or unframed artwork, neckties and pocket squares, shoes, hats, jewelry, fans, and more. The sale of any items of $44 or more can count toward your minimum, and a percentage of the proceeds from all of the boutique sales will go to support our Pay It Forward program, helping us bring the Mayu Silk Art Experience to cancer patients, victims of abuse, special needs adults, and others. At the time of your party, we will let you and your guests know which charitable group will be benefiting from these funds. Gift-in-kind tax deductible forms from one of our charitable groups can be provided upon request for any donation of $44 or more.
We'll be happy to provide them. Here are SOME of the fine companies we've worked with:
We look forward to marbling with you!
We'll be happy to help create an ambiance of magic and wonder, fitting to your brand or theme. If you just need the basics, such as utensils, plates, or standard decorations, please use this link to go to our affiliate website, Party City
** Deposit Policy: A deposit of $10 per guest, based on the anticipated minimum, is required to hold the date. This deposit is fully refundable if the event is canceled at least three weeks (21 days) prior to the date of the event. 50% of the deposit is refundable if canceled 14-20 days prior to the event. Deposit is non-refundable if event is canceled by you/your company less than 14 days prior to the event. In the event that Mayu Silk Art must cancel for any reason, any amount paid prior to cancellation will be fully refunded within three (3) business days.
___ About 15 days prior to your event, we will contact you to get a count of the number of scarves you anticipate your group will be doing. This number will be used to calculate our staffing and materials, and will be the minimum total due. The balance (after deducting your deposit) is due no less than 10 days prior to the event.
___ If the actual number of scarves made at you event exceeds the minimum anticipated count, we will bill you for the balance on a 10-day term. Cash, check, credit card, PayPal, and Venmo are all accepted.