We love to party!
There is nothing so unique as the magical Mayu Silk Art Experience, and you can share it with your friends and family in your own location or use our large studio space at no additional cost!
*** Not sure of your party date? No worries - leave the refundable deposit now, and choose the date later! ***
Price includes tax and all materials, equipment, and staffing needed for the water marbling activity. Additional options are available for an additional cost. Please see all the interesting details below.
To secure your preferred party date (or dates), fill in the blank and select the ADD TO CART button below to leave a refundable deposit
per the minimum requirements below. We will contact you within 24 hours to confirm the date.
Please contact Star at email@example.com
or call the studio at (714) 379-1990.
OFFSITE PRIVATE PARTIES
Orange County venues: Minimum order of $735 (15 large silk scarves at $49 each, or 24 silk bandanas at 30 each)
Most of L.A. area: Minimum order of $980
Other areas: Please inquire.
PRIVATE PARTIES AT OUR STUDIO!
A minimum of only $392 (equal to 8 scarves at $49 each, or 13 bandanas at $30 each) is required to reserve our studio for your exclusive use during your party (bring your own food and beverages, and as many people as you wish). Scroll down for more details!!!
---Deposit will be credited toward the total amount due, and is fully refundable/transferable if the event is canceled or postponed (see details and restrictions below). UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, YOUR EVENT IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL WE RECEIVE YOUR DEPOSIT.
*FOR CORPORATE PARTIES OR GROUPS OF 25 OR MORE, OR FOR EVENTS MORE THAN 35 MILES FROM HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA, PLEASE CALL FOR PRICING AND OTHER DETAILS
Choose your experience
- Paint-Your-Own (guests paint their own silk scarf; this unforgettable art-immersed activation is best for groups of 40 or less; see details below)
- Silk Bar (guests select from a variety of design styles and colors, then provide creative input as a skilled artisan creates a one-of-a-kind design before their eyes! This crowd-pleasing, faster-paced, art-infused activation is best for groups of 20 or more).
1a. Enjoy a brief intro to Mayu Silk Art and the ancient art of water marbling, as well as an entertaining demonstration
1. Choose your own colors from approximately 35 different hues (we recommend 2-8 colors)
2. Apply drops of paint to the surface of water in a six-foot long tray
3. If desired, swirl the paints using various rakes, combs, or stylus to create bold or intricate designs
4. The finished design is transferred to a 100% silk scarf
5. Rinse the scarf in water to remove excess paint
6. Show off your finished design for all to see!
7. Take your scarf home to hang dry and iron. After that, it is WASHABLE and will not fade in the sun
8. Wear your art as a scarf, sash, or hat band; or
9. Use it as a table runner, window hanging, or wall art
PARTY OPTIONS - MAKE IT EXTRA SPECIAL
Make a special occasion even more memorable!
If this is a birthday or other special occasion, the group can create a very special scarf decorated with their own handwritten notes and signatures.
Often, this activity is conducted in a "secret" area without the knowledge of the guest of honor. Once everyone has completed their scarves and the event is nearing it's close, everyone will gather around the central marbling tray to form a sort of Conga line, the music will ring out, and the group will work together to create a final design together. The climactic moment will come when the signature scarf, with all its' wonderful notes and autographs, is laid on the surface. The black ink writings and notations provide an artistic depth to the swirling marbled patterns, resulting in a truly one-of-a-kind memento of this special day. The cost for this extraordinary add-on is just $49 (includes the scarf, the Conga line, and the permanent fabric pen).
PLEASE LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE IF YOU WANT TO ADD A SIGNATURE SCARF TO YOUR PARTY
--- The Mayu Silk Art Boutique If you are looking for a more typical vendor/seller for your event, our boutique booth offers one-of-a-kind water-marbled silk and non-silk items hand-painted by our skilled artisans. Products include 100% silk scarves and sarongs, earrings and other jewelry, hats/caps, tote bags, coaster sets and other ceramics, table linens and interior design items, deluxe fabrics (silk, cotton, bamboo, and more), marbled papers and crafting supplies, etc.
A percentage of the proceeds from all of the boutique sales will go to support our Pay It Forward program, helping us bring the Mayu Silk Art Experience to cancer patients, victims of abuse, special needs adults, and others. At the time of your party, we will let you and your guests know which charitable group will be benefiting from these funds.
FOR PARTIES / EVENTS AT YOUR LOCATION
- The above minimums are subject to change for locations outside of these areas or on holidays.
- Not all locations are suitable for this activity. Mayu Silk Art will do our best to accommodate your party request, but we reserve the right to decline any party booking for any reason.
Price may vary based on options below, or other factors. You will determine the price, if any, to be paid by your guests. We provide everything needed for the water marbling activity, from floor coverings to canopy/lights (if required), all materials and supplies, and enough of our artisan team members to make sure that each of your guests receives the one-to-one attention that makes the Mayu Silk Art Experience so special.
SET UP REQUIREMENTS FOR OFF-SITE PARTIES AND EVENTS AT YOUR LOCATION:
- We require a level area of at least 10' x 10'. Exact dimensions will be determined by the number of scarves to be made and the amount of time and space available.
- We can work indoors or outdoors. We will provide water grabbing, slip resistant, rubber-backed floor mats to protect floors, decking, etc. Grass or packed dirt are suitable; loose sand and artificial turf are not ideal.
- In order to provide the best painting experience for your guests, please provide an area that is protected from wind, direct sun, exreme temperatures, and other elements. Indoor venues are generally preferred, but we do have walled canopies available (no additional charge for use of canopies).
- We will need access to a water faucet to fill our rinse buckets. A hose or janitor's sink will suffice.
- Please include an hour for set up before the scarf-painting activity starts, and an hour for tear down afterward.
Once a date has been selected, we will email or mail an agreement to you. We want you to feel free to hand write any changes or additions you would like to make. We are very flexible, and would love to hear any ideas you may have for making your event even more special! Please email the signed form back to us if possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can't email it, please mail it to the address below.
PARTIES AT THE MAYU SILK ART STUDIO
- We provide tables and chairs, self-serve hot and cold beverages at no extra charge
- Bring your own food and libations.
- Choose your own music (you can use our Bluetooth speaker if you want)
- No additional charge for chaperones or guests who want to attend but don’t want to paint
-- Don't have enough guests to meet the minimum requirement? Just book it as a regular scarf-painting visit at www.mayusilkart.com/visit
FOR GROUPS OF 8 OR MORE: Once a date has been selected, we will email or mail an agreement to you. We want you to feel free to hand write any changes or additions you would like to make. We are very flexible, and would love to hear any ideas you may have for making your event even more special! Please email the signed form back to us if possible, at email@example.com. If you can't email it, please mail it to the address below.
*Pricing and deposit requirement for corporate events, charitable groups, schools, and any party of more than 40 participants may vary. Please click on the CONTACT tab at the very top of this page, or call us at (949) 424-3458 for these types of events.